Reporting to the Sr. Management, you will be an integral part of an operations team that is known for its best practices and commitment to continuous improvement. You will be responsible for creating and implementing world class systems, processes and initiatives for global material planning, procurement and inventory management.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with internal manufacturing and local and international suppliers to ensure the consistent delivery of finished goods to meet customer demand.
- Deliver more effective global sourcing of the highest quality products at the lowest possible price while maintaining delivery flexibility.
- Develop and enhance processes to drive performance in KPIs (Quality material, On-time delivery, product lead time, product quality, product cost, etc)
- Work with Merchandizing and R & D teams to introduce new product and discontinue/liquidate non-performing product lines.
- Reduce lead-times with suppliers through process development and negotiations.
- Reduce Returned Merchandize from our retail locations.
- Develop vendor partnerships.
- Coordinate activities to minimize downtime due to supply chain shortage, improper planning and market fluctuations.
- Proactively manage to minimize excess and obsolete material.
- Bachelor's degree - ideally in Operations, Business or Engineering field.
- Minimum 2- 5 years of relevant Supply Chain experience.
- Exposure to a manufacturing and retail environment will be asset.
- Demonstrated Continuous Improvement skills.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Strong negotiating skills in dealing with partners and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated and an excellent team player.
- Ability to travel to visit domestic and international suppliers.
- APICS certification will be considered as asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of vendor management and supply chain.
- Knowledge for Madarin language will be asset.