It’s hands on role with lot of emphasis on executing IT solution in retail. Company offers entrepreneur type of environment with no hierarchies. Emphasis on improving company’s bottom-line. Less focus on titles and designations.
This role is responsible to develop and maintain strong business and IT team relationships with internal users (Retail stores) a focus on collaboration and direct communications. Manage the application portfolio to ensure that projects and enhancements are aligned to business priorities such that functional capabilities and technology innovations deliver key enablers of the business vision.
- Lead multiple, complex projects and/or technology initiatives and apply innovative solutions to systems and applications problems. Ensure the project supports strategic and near-term goals.
- Key participant in enterprise and IT planning. Collaborates with enterprise and IT senior management to assure alignment to goals
- Provides leadership and management to develop high performance teams.
- Corporate Operations Systems that deliver critical company level functionality
- Define & implement best-practice development processes and standards (development productivity, requirements gathering, solution walk-throughs, design and code reviews, code management, automated unit testing, etc.)
- Evaluate current applications and identify areas to improve standards, simplify, and enhance functionality and/or transition to packaged solutions to improve supportability and time to market.
- Work with the business partners to align and prioritize current and future IT initiatives in support of the business objectives. Manages internal client expectations with respect to the finished product; manages project tasks.
- Develop application development and support strategy utilizing industry standards. Create roadmap and timing of implementation of the roadmap based on business requirements and strategy.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration is preferred.
- 10 or more year’s applicable experience in systems analysis and application development disciplines.
- 5 or more year’s applicable experience in managing teams in enterprise level including management of out sourced services.
- Hands on technical expertise in the development and/or architecture of systems utilizing current technologies.
- Proven project management experience in the implementation of complex business applications including the integration of disparate applications.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teaming skills;
- Open Source / cloud computing: Joomla, Sugar CRM, Zend Frame work, MySQL
- Packages: Frontier ERP iSeries., Global G/L, Kronos time Management, Pro Lease, Product Cofigurator
- Middle ware: WebSphere, Zend, Apache
- Operating system: V7R1 AS400, Red Hat Linux 6.0, Windows 8.0, Apple OS
- Tools: Mobile Iron, Rocket Mainframe development tools, Zend Studio, Rational development tools
- In House Application Development: POS, Payment processing API Global, ecommerce, portal development, Mobile device website
- Database: IBM DB2/400, MySQL 5.6, MS SQL 2012, Talend, Web Query, Data Warehouse, Vision Solution for High availability.
- Programming Languages: PHP, Free format RPG, C, C++, Java, .Net, C Sharp
- Harware: IBM 520 iSeries, HMC Console, LPAR, Dell Equal Logic PS4000X, Cisco Route, Cisco Switches, Cisco VoIP
- Support environment: 24/7 & 350 days