Management Training Programs
Vital member of sales and customer service team, design consultant is responsible for delivering the legendary customer service that made Blinds To Go a leader in the home fashion industry. Our consultative selling process is focused on helping the customer select the product that best meets their needs and give them a memorable shopping experience that makes them "a customer for life". Design consultant is the front-line person responsible for bonding with the customer, understanding their needs, and helping solve their decorating problems.
- Interest in working with customers, helping people
- Prior customer service or sales experience desirable
- Creative and interest in home fashion or decorating
- Desire to work in a professional environment
- Outgoing, engaging personality
- Team player with strong work ethic
Fast-Track Management Excellence
The BTG Management Training Program (aka FaME) is a unique and ambitious leadership development program specifically designed for graduates who enjoy working with people and have a strong desire to manage and lead people early in their career. FaME trainee is able to advance through the management training program at an accelerated pace and become a sales and development manager within eighteen months. We insure that you have a strong foundation on which to build your career. Our training program is structured to insure that you learn all the fundamentals, but is personalized for each individual trainee. The focus is on assessing you and adjusting the development plan to your unique development needs. You grow into a leader of people, while maintaining your own personality.
- I think what has impacted me most about BTG is the opportunity I have to make my own decisions and make my own mistakes. Rather than learning what is right and wrong, I feel I have learned to think through situations on my own and reflect on problems when they occur, all the while feeling supported and not punished for my mistakes. I don't think I would have been able to make as many mistakes, and thus grow as much anywhere else.
Management Training Program
We bring on a carefully selected group of people who share our values and passion for building a great company. We start every new partner off at BTG University to build a common foundation. We provide structured training and individualized development feedback that allows everyone to grow at their own pace. At every stage of your career, you will be given clear, concise development objectives and individualized feedback to help you grow. We recognize that people grow faster if they are put in a training focused but “live” environment. And we know that you will grow faster if given clear development objectives and constant individual development feedback. We have created training-focused showrooms, under the leadership of general managers who excel in training, to accelerate the growth of our management trainees.
- Bachelor degree in business or liberal arts
- Prior customer service or sales experience
- Interest in managing and leading people
- Open-mind and desire to learn from others
- Drive and strong work ethics
- Strong interpersonal skills
(See careers brochure for more information)
Long Island Region
- From the start BTG was like no other company I have worked for. The hands-on training that I experienced every step of the way was the key to my success. I have since grown as a woman, a leader, and as a professional because of the skills that I have acquired here. I love being able to give back to the next generation and see others grow the same way I have.