PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
Blinds To Go Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabili-ties such as restroom facilities, Blinds To Go Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted no-tice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the pickup counter closest to the restroom.
Training for staff
Blinds To Go Inc. will provide training to all employees,.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Design Consultants, Management Trainees, Managers.
This training will be provided to staff during Blinds To Go Inc. University for new employees and during showroom meetings for current employees.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Blinds To Go Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing a Blinds To Go Inc. showroom
- A short quiz covering material from the Blinds To Go Ontario Accessibility Training Manual.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Blinds To Go Inc. provides goods and services to peo-ple with disabilities can email, call customer service or visit our web contact page.
All feedback will be directed to the Director of Human Resources. Customers can expect to hear back in two to three days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Blinds To Go Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.